First Post
Here is the obligatory first post to a blog...
I am starting this blog to let everyone know about my upcoming experiences in being an Air Force officer in Pilot training. For now here is what you need to know:
-I am
stationed/training at Lauglin AFB, TX which is just outside Del Rio, TX (google maps). As you can see it is the middle of nowhere, about 2.5 hours west of San Antonio, TX and is right on the border with Mexico on the other side of the Rio Grande
-My first phase of training is not scheduled to start until the later part of May, so in the interim I will probably have to preform various random duties and I will likely have a lot of time off, but I will try to chronicle this time as well
-Once my training starts it will take a little over a year to complete the main chunk of training. After this I will have to attend other various shorter training courses on things like water survival and SERE-- Survival Evasion Resistance and Escape training in Pensacola, FL and Spokane, WA respectively
-I don't yet know what aircraft I will be flying for the bulk of my Air Force career
-Here is a picture of the gate to Laughlin AFB
I am starting this blog to let everyone know about my upcoming experiences in being an Air Force officer in Pilot training. For now here is what you need to know:
-I am
-My first phase of training is not scheduled to start until the later part of May, so in the interim I will probably have to preform various random duties and I will likely have a lot of time off, but I will try to chronicle this time as well
-Once my training starts it will take a little over a year to complete the main chunk of training. After this I will have to attend other various shorter training courses on things like water survival and SERE-- Survival Evasion Resistance and Escape training in Pensacola, FL and Spokane, WA respectively
-I don't yet know what aircraft I will be flying for the bulk of my Air Force career
-Here is a picture of the gate to Laughlin AFB
No comments:
Post a Comment